Re: apt-get update: nothing downloaded from a mirror

On Ma, 17 mai 11, 11:34:05, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> I had to clear the /var/lib/dpkg/available file (it is now empty).
> I've done:
>
> $ sudo apt-get update

[...]

> So, nothing has been downloaded and the /var/lib/dpkg/available file
> is still empty. Nothing in the /var/lib/dpkg/updates directory either.
>
> Is this a problem with the mirror or is there something else to do?

AFAIK apt calls dpkg to do the actual package installation, but other
then that they are quite disconnected. I see no reason for apt to touch
/var/lib/dpkg/available or /var/lib/dpkg/updates.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Regards,
Andrei