evolution is in unusable state

Folks, help is badly need here.

1. I have a fresh squeeze 64 bit install. While setting Evolution I've
used "Restore from backup" option to restore all my data from Ubuntu
Lucid. That seemed to work as expected. I get all my account settings and
mail, as well as my 3 calendars.

But now every single time I run Evolution it crashes with a message:"The
Evolution calendar has quit unexpectedly. Your calendars will not be
available until Evolution is restarted". It happens independently whether
I interact with Evolution or not.

I've been using Evolution in Ubuntu for 4 years and never had a single
crash. And now I have it in absolutely unusable state. Ubuntu Lucid
Evolution version is 2.28.3. Squeeze Evolution version is 2.30.3. I could
expect to have some problems if I would import/restore some data from
newer to older version but not vice versa. Am I wrong here?

Any advise, please?

2. I would not mind to switch to Icedove if Evolution is not fixable. But
this would require and extension similar to Lighting for Thunderbird. Is
such extension available? What's it's name? How much beyond of current
Mozilla Lighting it is in version?

The problem is real show stopper for me.