Re: [some progress] Re: NVIDIA cards stopped working with recent testing updates

On 05/16/2011 01:57 PM, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
>> 15/05/2011 20:52, Russell L. Carter wrote:

[...]

> Do you have the logs from the upgrade right before the crash, what
> packages got upgraded ?
> In between your different trials you cleaned up thoroughly ? I am
> thinking Nvidia .run here.

Not now... I reinstalled from scratch and after spending a few hours
learning the ins and outs of the udev bug (fix by rm -f /run, hmm) I have
a brand spanking new installation running nvidia-kernel-dkms successfully.

I didn't know about "Nvidia .run", I will certainly look closer at this
possibility if I have problems in the future.

> I see new nvidia packages entered Sid, one is "nvidia-installer-cleanup"
> which may find some residual components of a previous install, it's
> worth a shot if you are still stuck with this problem.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the help.

Regards,
Russell