Re: NVIDIA cards stopped working with recent testing updates

Hi Curt,

On 05/14/2011 07:00 PM, Curt Howland wrote:
> I've found that I have to re-install the binary Nvidia driver often
> after updates, when the X system gets updated, due to changes to
> simlinks.
>
> If you're using the Nvidia binary driver, try reinstalling it.

I did that.  I reinstalled (apt-get install) after deinstalling
(apt-get autoremove --purge) for each step that I listed in my
original message.  And then, for good measure, I downloaded
an older (1 yo) nvidia release from their website and built
it myself and then installed that.

And then I reinstalled a 2.6.32-5 kernel and repeated all the
install/uninstall steps.

This took a bit of time...

Thanks,
Russell