Re: Problem with Driver!

Hi Matt / Yashar,

I have got a problem with Network controller on HP ProLiant DL380 G7 E5620
and HP ProLiant DL380 G6 E5504.

The matrix on the wiki page[1] says you need the bnx2 firmware.  I
just installed Squeeze on a DL360 and needed the
firmware-bnx2_0.28_all.deb  package[2] to make it work.
Copy it to a flash drive then insert it at the prompt expert
installer gives you about installing non-free firmware after
it tries (and fails) to detect the NIC and it Just Works(tm).

Unfortunately I have the same problem on a Dell machine and have never gotten it to "Just work" :-(

Alternatively, there is a cd image with the non-free
drivers included, link can be found on the wiki page.

Yes, use that. The direct link to the current version is on the page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/ Just below the listing for all "normal" CD/DVD/BR images is a section for the Netinst with the non-free images for amd64, i386 and powerpc.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/HP/ProLiant
[2] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/firmware-bnx2

I was unable to find that link on the wiki page.

Bonno