Re: Problem with Driver!

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Jose Claudio Claudelino(Smart Union -
jclaudelino@smartunion.com.br ) <joseclaudelino@smartunion.com.br>
wrote:
> Dear Yashar,
>
> The mainstream manufacturers as HP, DELL, certified Red Hat or Suse for
> their Servers.
> See at http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hplinuxcert.html
>
> As CentOS is a clone for RED HAT, of course CentOS will working fine, as
> everything is based in REDHAT.
>
> Also, we can work with other Linux, as any device has a specified module
> which could be attached directly or doing a kind of compilation.
> See the article:
> http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/debian-linux/164851-debian-etch-proliant-dl360-g6.html which
> could be useful for you. From my side, by now I am really busy, but as soon
> as I had a time, I will try to study your case.
>
> Regards
>

> José Cláudio Claudelino
>
> Smart Union Consultoria e Soluções em Tecnologia
>
> Diretoria de Tecnologia
> ( Tel: + 55 (11) 5096-2002 Ramal 216
>
> * joseclaudelino@smartunion.com.br
>
> P Antes de imprimir pense em seu compromisso com o Meio Ambiente e o
> comprometimento com os Custos.
>

> ________________________________

The matrix on the wiki page[1] says you need the bnx2 firmware.  I
just installed Squeeze on a DL360 and needed the
firmware-bnx2_0.28_all.deb
 package[2] to make it work.  Copy it to a flash drive then insert it
at the prompt expert installer gives you about installing non-free
firmware after it tries (and fails) to detect the NIC and it Just
Works(tm).  Alternatively, there is a cd image with the non-free
drivers included, link can be found on the wiki page.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/HP/ProLiant
[2] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/firmware-bnx2

--
Matt