Re: NVIDIA cards stopped working with recent testing updates

On Sat, 14 May 2011 14:23:19 -0700, Russell L. Carter wrote:

> I have a system with a fixed hardware config over the last two years
> that I have kept current with testing through that time. Yesterday's
> update/dist-upgrade/reboot results in a blank screen when launching X.

(...)

Just a quick note on nvidia (or ati) proprietary drivers: they need the
corresponding kernel version package.

If you installed the driver from Debian non-free, you'll need the
matching versions of "nvidia-glx-*" and "nvidia-common-*".

If you compiled the driver downloaded from nvidia site, you'll need the
matching kernel headers package for your current kernel version.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón