Re: diamondcard (so much for Skype.)

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 10:15:40AM -0500, green wrote:
> Rob Owens wrote at 2011-05-13 20:11 -0500:
> > I've used diamondcard.us for calling POTS lines from Ekiga's SIP client.
> > Though I only used it a few times, I don't have any complaints.  Their
> > rates were better than Skype, too.  (I am a USA customer, making calls
> > within the USA).
>
> I am glad to know that you have had no complaints with diamoncard.us; I am
> considering an account with them for use with twinkle.  Can you take incoming
> calls with the normal diamondcard service?

I believe you can, but that is a service I haven't tried.  It costs
extra, as you might imagine.  (I'm assuming you are asking about getting
your own telephone number, right?)

By the way, somebody sent me this about diamondcard, and I think it was
meant for the list:

"I use damondcard. They donate back to the community (substantially)
also, supporting Twinkle, Asterisk, etc."

-Rob