Re: specific kernel configuration for graphic card driver

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Panayiotis Karabassis
<panayk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/14/2011 03:26 PM, lina wrote:
>> There is something totally unexpected happened.
>> Two hours ago, I installed the 11-3  with xorg.conf
>> after start the computer when I entered into the Linux, nothing showed
>> up, even none the choice of kernel, not mention recover mode.
>> Just NOTHING.
>> Now when I  started the laptop, still nothing, so since nothing I
>> could do, I just wait.
> This is strange, it suggests a problem with GRUB, but I can't understand
> how this happened. Does the GRUB menu require the shift key to be
> pressed? If yes, this may be normal. Need more info.

This strange is rare. I only met twice.

Now I reboot twice, it shows normal.

and the graphic card driver also works nearly perfect (actually I
don't know how to check whether it's work perfect or not, but I know
it works very well already) except an icon at the bottom.

Can you give me more suggestion about how to improve the xorg.conf?

Thanks again,

>> then couple of minutes later, it showed the login screen.
>> What's a surprise is that the Desktop interface changed, and on the
>> bottom corner showed AMD Unsupported hardward.
>> I attached the log file.
> Can you login? Can you send a screenshot?
> - --
> Best regards,
>    Panayiotis Karabassis
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
> Ww96/wZh66KHdtAD+L7Ohv4W5qk+uL23DMj2/WAK2g4UP7PUDFz2GBQNXgmBlvoF
> /URVn+M6lokXRqSbQgnNHD9lhuAf7xGmZipKkRhV3d3+1lc+1dXUckE/2wNyIpfM
> uXf0w6bney+LpE8zo86y8FbLuF8UW8Tr+s38E0YLa+iaBISKlYk9PnFGVDGi/kW1
> sozk51hWk0DrwQPxXjcJ3IugmzkZez9jJyyzyaqcR091e07MR6D8xe/V5utnF7U=
> =puA5

Best Regards,