Re: How to install proprietary drivers in Debian 6

On Sb, 14 mai 11, 12:12:08, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
> Question 1 ) How I can get know about the hardware configuration ? Is there
> any method which can list down my hardware (not all) for which i am suppose
> to install proprietary drivers.. In ubuntu, it displayed ATI/AMD FGLRX kind
> of thing which got automatically installed. Ubuntu automatically make wifi
> work but in debian I use to get problems.

Debian makes a 100% free (as in freedom) OS. This includes drivers and
firmware, which is why there is no such application to automatically
suggest and install proprietary drivers.

> Question 2 ) How to install proprietary drivers in order to make a system
> work.

Are you sure you need them?

> My system temperature increase and it shutdown automatically. I guess this
> is due to FGLRX is not installed.

This is a concrete problem we might be able to offer solutions to.
Please post the full output of 'lspci -nn'.

Regards,
Andrei