How to install proprietary drivers in Debian 6

Question 1 ) How I can get know about the hardware configuration ? Is there any method which can list down my hardware (not all) for which i am suppose to install proprietary drivers.. In ubuntu, it displayed ATI/AMD FGLRX kind of thing which got automatically installed. Ubuntu automatically make wifi work but in debian I use to get problems.

Question 2 ) How to install proprietary drivers in order to make a system work.

My system temperature increase and it shutdown automatically. I guess this is due to FGLRX is not installed.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya