Re: Single mouse click registers as double click

On Mon, 09 May 2011 14:01:18 +0200, Ijon Tichy wrote:

> I've had this problem (a single mouse click being considered as double
> click) from quite a long time (almost two years) in two different
> computers, and unfortunately I couldn't solve it yet.

Now that the main nature of the problem is more clear, I've found that
there was a bug report opened for a similar problem:

xserver-xorg-input-mouse: Duplicate events for mouse

But it should have been resolved since years.

> Searching through Google and (of course) the Debian mailing lists, I
> found that:
>
> (1) it seems to be a quite old bug, and

A bug is not a bug until it has been confirmed to be a bug, so do you
have a bug report number? :-P

> (2) there are several ways to "solve" it (mainly aiming some
> modification of xorg.conf).
>
> Unfortunately, as I said before, none of those solutions worked for me,
> so I finally decided to reinstall Debian (using a weekly-build) two
> months ago. But the problem persists (in both computers). I even tried a
> live Knoppix to check out whether the problem was also present there or
> not (it was; not surprising, considering that Knoppix is based on
> Debian, of course).
>
> So the question is: does anyone know whether there is a solution for
> this bug?

If there is still none, open a bug report so this can be further
investigated. BTW, I've never experienced such problem :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón