no network after hibernate

I am using Debian squeeze on Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop.

When I boot from scratch, the network works fine. However, if I do "sudo
hibernate" and reboot, the network does not come up automatically. I have to
do "/etc/init.d/networking restart" every time I resume from hibernation. It
works after that.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to rectify this?

$cat /etc/network/interfaces | grep -v ^# | grep -v ^$
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-conf managed
wpa-ssid <munge1>
wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa-psk <munge2>

Here are the relevant (I think) stanza's on network configuration from lshw

           *-network
                product: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection
                vendor: Intel Corporation
                physical id: 0
                bus info: pci@0000:0b:00.0
                logical name: wlan0
                version: 02
                serial: 00:13:02:9e:cc:1b
                width: 32 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet
physical wireless
                configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwl3945 ip=192.168.1.21
latency=0 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abg
                resources: irq:27 memory:dfcff000-dfcfffff

           *-network DISABLED
                product: BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX
                vendor: Broadcom Corporation
                physical id: 0
                bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
                logical name: eth0
                version: 02
                serial: 00:15:c5:19:9c:1a
                capacity: 100MB/s
                width: 32 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list ethernet physical mii
10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
                configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=b44
driverversion=2.0 latency=64 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
                resources: irq:17 memory:df9fe000-df9fffff

thanks
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/