Re: Trying to reinstall exim4

On Sun, 08 May 2011 20:45:00 -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:

> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
>> What *exact* command did you run?
>
> I used the curses interface to aptitude, so I just told it to install
> exim4 and remove postfix.  I just tried a command line equivalent as
> follows:
>
> # aptitude install postfix- exim4+ exim4-base+ exim4-config+
> exim4-daemon-light+

(...)

Errr, just a *very wild guess*, but have you tried by directly install
Exim4 and let the package manager handles the situation by itself? I say
this because the system requires at least one mail agent (or akin MDA) to
be present so maybe the error is being generated from that.

Anyway, IIRC, as soon as you select the Exim package to be installed,
Postfix is automatically marked to be removed (and viceversa) :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón