Re: Boot errors

On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:03:57 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 07 May 2011 20:12:24 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 07 May 2011 18:34:23 -0400
> > Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

> >>   It is enabled.
> >
> >     By the way I am more interested in the errors themselves than
> > in the fact they are not logged.
>
> Then I'd also worry about a "phantom" message. Messages on boot should go
> to some place (they're splitted into "/var/log/dmesg" and/or "/var/log/
> boot"), but they need to be registered.

  Then  come right at the very start of the boot process...I guess
before there is anyplace to write except for the screen.

> Anyway, to start debugging the problem, you need to know the exact
> messages you get.

  They are the  "udevd can't exec" messages  which Andrei Popescu told
me in another message are not really errors, there are more
informative.

--
-- Frank --