Re: Boot errors

On Sun, 08 May 2011 11:28:04 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sb, 07 mai 11, 20:12:24, Frank McCormick wrote:
> >
> >     By the way I am more interested in the errors themselves than
> > in the fact they are not logged.
>
> Not sure what you mean by this. Can you try to reproduce the errors at
> least from memory, or take a picture of your screen while booting ;)
>
> My guess is you're seeing the "/run/whatever not writable, falling back
> to /dev/.udev/" which seems to be rather a notice, not an error.

Yes those are the ones. They started several weeks ago after an
update change which I now don't remember (Hell I can't remember what
I had for breakfast :)))

> BTW, if you're brave you might want to test 'initscripts' from
> experimental, which adds the support for /run.

  Ummm...well maybe not. Right now I'm having enough trouble just
keeping up with the problems I create, never mind what others can do.

Thanks for the help Andrei!

--
-- Frank --