Re: the package can generate xpm

On Sat, 07 May 2011 20:22:21 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:12 PM, godo <goran@dobosevic.com> wrote:
>> On 2011-05-07 14:04, lina wrote:
>>>
>>> are there any debian package can generate xpm file?
>>>
>>> actually I have several .xpm image, but I am trapped in how to change
>>> its color from dull grey to something about gorgeous.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advice,
>>>
>> GIMP can do it.

> Thanks,
>
> but I still feel the gimp is not, how to say, flexible, in re-color the
> grey one.

If you can't get it with GIMP hardly you'll find a more complete image
editor :-)

Maybe you only need some tutorials on the matter:

How to Digitally Color a Black & White Photograph in GIMP
http://emptyeasel.com/2008/10/24/how-to-digitally-color-a-black-white-photograph-in-gimp/

Google for "gimp black and white colorizer" and you'll find more samples.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón