Re: OT: Safe to access SSH server from work?

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 09:06, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I suppose you could keep your public key with you on a USB drive and
>> only put it on the computer when you need it, however I'm not sure how
>> secure that would be :/
>>

> Something you have - thumb drive
> Something you know - the ip / name of your machine
>
> It's two factor enough imo.

It the client is compromised, then the attacker will also know the
ip/name of your machine once you use it on that computer. Furthermore,
the thumbdrive is not something you have, it is only used to transport
something you know, so that will be compromised on the client as well.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com