Re: OT: Safe to access SSH server from work?

On Fri 06 May 2011 at 11:54:28 +0300, George wrote:

> So the attacker needs to guess my private key instead of my password.
> How does that make his life more difficult, assuming my password was
> very strong?

It is easy to construct a password which would take 10,000 years to
guess or brute force. A key might succumb after 10,000,000 years.
Imagine you are an attacker. You want an easy life. What decision would
you make?

Remember also that the password is stored on a medium which in normal
circumstances is 100% safe and always available.