Elegant and Amazing Apps

I may be out of the loop on this. But I just discovered kupfer and was duly
impressed.

I generally stay away from launchers because, with the exception of gmrun, I
find them over-stuffed and awkward.

Although I can't get kupfer completely working in openbox (I am perfectly
happy with gmrun and a long .gmrunrc file there) it is an amazing addition
to Gnome. Puts Gnome-do to shame--as far as I can remember.

It is fast, highly intuitive, out of the way, very configurable with about
89 plugins, easy to learn, gives great visual feedback to input, can launch
or find just about anything, looks good.

Any other recommendations for amazing apps that reduce work with elegance?

--
Regards,
Freeman