Re: mua and mail service provider statistics

Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
> I think Mutt is awesome for handling mailing lists.  I always view in
> thread mode, and I use Ctrl-d to delete entire threads that don't
> interest me.  I can delete the entire thread in the time it takes me to
> read the subject line.

I've always tended to treat mailing lists as newsgroups. So I drop them
into my local news subsystem and read them with tin. Thread killing is
"permanent" (i.e. if you kill a thread then it stays dead no matter how
many new messages arrive for it). I suspect that this approach and mutt
give similar results.

Chris