Re: In Debian GNU(Linux), you own phone. - Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:29 AM, giovanni_re <john_re@fastmail.us> wrote:
I'm guessing you're probably not running Debian GNU(Linux) on your
phone.  ;)

If you were, it would be _you_ who is in control of your phone.  ;)

That's why I'm working to get Smartphone Debian (SD) going.  :)

I'm guessing you like to pick fights? Your choice of words is questionable and potentially inflammatory. You might want to choose your words more carefully in the future. Your threads spark debate but when they are borderline belligerent, it doesn't serve the community at large, makes people want to be non-participant.

I'm with Mr. Wilson on this, what my phone runs is no ones business but who I tell. Blatting my carrier, brand, make and model for anyone who wants to get their google-fu on, can do so, and if they dig a little harder, they could potentially use that information and put it to bad use. If someone doesn't want to tell (and they wish to make it known that they don't want to tell), then that is their business, at the very least respect it.

/rantoff