In Debian GNU(Linux), you own phone. - Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

On Tue, 3 May 2011 00:05:03 -0400, "shawn wilson" <ag4ve.us@gmail.com>
said:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM, giovanni_re <john_re@fastmail.us> wrote:
> > So, today's poll is:
> >
> > What Smartphone do you use?
> >
> > Please reply to this message with:
> >
> > Manufacturer name   Model name, OS name, Cell Carrier name, Country you
> > live in.
> >

> while phones have vulnerabilities (ie, android < 2.0 and many versions
> of ios) i don't think this is very wise information to give out.
>
> that is, debian users aren't the only ones who read these emails. i
> have noticed 10x (or more) spam sense i've started reading mailing
> lists. and, these lists are archived (for better or for worse). i try
> to minimize how much personally identifiable information i provide on
> these lists.

> asking about my phone is almost like asking how the lock
> on my front door is pinned - most people won't know how to abuse the
> information, but those who do would have an easy way in.

I'm guessing you're probably not running Debian GNU(Linux) on your
phone.  ;)

If you were, it would be _you_ who is in control of your phone.  ;)

That's why I'm working to get Smartphone Debian (SD) going.  :)

Giovanni Re:
"In Debian GNU(Linux), you own phone.
In Non-Freedom software world, phone own you."

==  Join in the Global monthly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW HW & Culture
Smartphone Debian:  http://wiki.debian.org/Smartphone