Re: Need help setting up a home LAN

On Mon, 02 May 2011 02:35:54 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

> The web interface on the router no longer works with iceweasel. It did
> work fine a few hours ago but now I can only get a one line message
> (folded here for email): "Please upgrade to a version 4 or higher
> browser so that you can use this setup tool (and see lots of great sites
> on the Internet!) " Iceweasel in Squeeze seems to be version 3.5.18 of
> Firefox. I find it scary that they can know that and shut be down late a
> night for a violation of their vision of their own importance.

It's just a (crazy, IMO) javascript routine. And I think it's crazy
because most of the embedded web servers on those devices just serve very
basic html formatted pages so there is no need to force the user to
upgrade the browser in order he can operate with it :-/

Most sure you can also manage the router via telnet but on these days
that should not be needed at all.

(...)

> Anyway, I can't have a router that can have its administrative interface
> shutdown without warning in the middle of the night. I'll have to solve
> that before I can respond to your suggestions.

I was going to suggest that (first solve the router's management
issue) :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón