Re: fullscreen video with mencoder

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 01:33:20AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> What is the resolution of the video?
> What is the resolution of the display?
>
> Before you answer these questions we can only guess what you want.

the    resolution    of    the    video    is    normally
720x480(source. it  is a VOB file) the  target display is
my  TV which is  1920x1080 capable  and 16/9  capable.  i
will list some of the things i did ...

mencoder Stage.Beauty.VOB  -o Stage.Beauty.avi -sid 0 -oac \
mp3lame -lameopts br=192:cbr:vol=6 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts \
pass=1  -vf crop=720:432:0:72,harddup -ofps 25 -aspect 16:9

when i did the above i got some thing which could be made
to fill screen on my TV without getting egg heads.

actually until now there are two cropping values that has
helped me  is..  704:448:8:18 and 720:432:0:72  . But did
not  calculate  it  myself,i  just  discovered  it  while
applying recommended crops using "mplayer -vf cropdetect"

So when i apply those  two cropping values to some videos
, i get my result.  But  what iam asking is that , will i
get video to fill my screen  in my wide screen TV for all
my rip's  without black bands  and egg heads.So i  need a
general technique  that works for all  rather than trying
with the two dicovered crop values

--
software engineer.
department of computer science