Re: FullHD notebook support under Debian (sid)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:50:32 -0300, Leonardo Ruoso wrote:

> I'm addicted to Debian and I need a new notebook, but I don't like
> replacing my hardware too often.

Being a laptop you can be happy with ~5 years of lifecycle. Beside that,
you'll start facing problems (manufacturer has completely dropped support
for that model, no more replacement pieces, etc...) :-)

> I suppose requiring a FullHD display is a good strategy to buy a new
> notebook and keep it for the next 10 years :-)

(...)

Sure? Why?

FullHD will be superseded by SuperFullHD in SuperHighXtra Definition in
4D... sooner or later so just look for a laptop that you like now that is
compatible with Debian and go ahead ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón