Re: file systems

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> On 04/29/2011 01:10 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> On 4/26/2011 5:40 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> But not being able to fsck the fs that I just created is unacceptable.
>>
>> Again, 'xfs_repair -n' is functionally equivalent to 'xfs_check'. They
>> are two methods (paths) that (should) arrive at the same result. Either
>> will let you know if the filesystem has errors.
>>
>> Have you run 'xfs_repair -n' yet to see if it trips over your per
>> process memory limit? If it doesn't, you have your fsck and can eat it
>> too. ;)
>>

> I already converted to ext4.

and i have converted to xfs!
i am very impressed so far and will try to document my experiences with
it as a sort of 'noob guide' ... if only to help myself out. :D

thx again stan! i'm looking forward to learning about the filesystem,
something i never bothered with in the past.

--
in friendship,
prad