Re: file systems

Ron Johnson put forth on 4/25/2011 1:25 AM:
> On 04/19/2011 05:42 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> XFS beats EXT4 hands down in nearly every category,
>
> Including not being able to xfs_check very large filesystems on 32 bit
> machines.  (Which if why I'm going back to ext4.)

This is an odd statement given that XFS (on 32 bit archs) and EXT4 both
currently top out at 16 TiB.  Thus moving to EXT4 gains you nothing on a
32 bit machine, and you lose many advantages.

Please define "very large filesystems" and post the specific error
message you received when running xfs_check on this "very large
filesystem" on your 32 bit machine.

--
Stan