How to have separate kbd layouts per usb-keyboards?

Hello,

  seems i am unable to find the correct terms to get something useful
  out of google....

  i have the following problem: i am used to a german keyboard, my wife
  to a french layout....

  anyone who had to switch between those 2 will concur that the
  respective other one is a real pain in the a..

  so i installed for our media server 2 keyboards, one german, the other
  french.... and now i am searching how to configure the machine to
  allways assume german keyboard layout coming from a certain usb
  device, and french from another... and am stuck since i didn't even
  manage to get the beginning of a solution.....

  i suppose it has something to do with udev, but otherwise...

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org