Re: xmodmap settings are forgotten/lost during session

Hello,

On 04/28/2011 02:06 AM, Steve Kleene wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:20:46 +0200, Wolfgang Karall wrote:
>
>> after upgrading ... I lost my F19/F20 mapping done via xmodmap
>
> About a week ago my ~/.Xmodmap, which turns off Caps Lock, started being
> ignored.  It is not even accessed (as judged by ls -lu) when I start X.

The problem is not so much that ~/.Xmodmap is not read when X starts (I
could work around that I guess), but that the mappings I have set up
with xmodmap are vanishing while I'm using my notebook.

So something resets my mappings on a more or less regular basis (I'll
probably set up a cronjob with xmodmap -pke to find out some timing
here) without me ever telling my system to do so.

Cheers
Wolfgang