Re: ttf-liberation over ttf-mscorefonts; was Re: Why doesn't debian remove the proprietary software from it's servers?

On Mi, 27 apr 11, 10:11:28, Eike Lantzsch wrote:

> Thank you for the hint. I tried Liberation sans instead of Arial. It
> is not the same.

AFAIU it is not meant to be "the same" (it couldn't anyway, due to
licensing issues), but with the same *metrics*. If I understand this
right, it would mean that a document written with Arial would not be
suddenly broken, because your replacement font has different sizes ;)

> Non ASCII fonts with diacritical signs do not render correctly on-
> screen.

Do you mean characters? I'm guessing a bug report would be appreciated
if you can reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Andrei