Re: Tripwire can't send report by email??

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 07:28:42AM +0000, Cedric DC wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I repost my question because I don't have posted it in the right way. I'm sorry, it's my first post in the Debian mailing list.
>
> I have setup tripwire on a Debian 6. I have tripwire integrity reports (pwr files) in the directory /var/lib/tripwire/report/
> With the following command I can read the report.
> twprint --print-report --twrfile proxytest-20110421-135326.twr > test-log
>
> I would like send the report by email.

. . .

To Cedric regarding email that may have been intended as a list reply:

I think the safest way to edit Exim4 configs to mask the local domain would
be to run

  # dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

Since Exim4 is behaving as you would like otherwise, "OK" through all the
options until you hit

"Hide local mail name in outgoing mail?"

Then hit yes and enter the domain.xxx you want mail to be ostensibly sent
from.  Then continue as before.  You can cancel out if anything goes amiss.

Probably a good idea to think through the ramifications this might have on
any existing email configurations.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody