Re: docx; was Re^2: OTF conversion without OpenOffice

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 23:10:10 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Sunday 24 April 2011 18:34:55 Camaleón wrote:
>> > Why not .txt?  Even simpler, will retain all the information and be
>> > readable with almost anything.
>>
>> How about images and text formatting? With plain text files you miss
>> them (html should be a nice alternative but again, images have to be
>> enclosed apart) ;-)
>
> There are no images in the text above.  it is just that - simple text.
> "Summer Vacation Planning Meeting.  Bring your coffee mug to the
> boardroom at 3:00."

Oh, well, if you put it that way... there is no need to make a document
for that, just send an e-mail or upload a new twitter ;-)

> I was not referring to a putative complicated document, but to this
> specific example, and others like it.  For this specific example .pdf is
> overkill.

I took the above just as a sarcastic example... I don't think the user is
named "John Doe" :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón