Re: Tripwire can't send report by email‏‏

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 07:28:42 +0000, Cedric DC wrote:

> I repost my question because I don't have posted it in the right way.
> I'm sorry, it's my first post in the Debian mailing list.

Good, but next time avoid using html in messages ;-)

(...)

> ### Error Number:504 5.5.2 <tripwire@proxytest>: Sender address rejected: need
> ### fully-qualified address
> ### Exiting...
> Email test failed.

That usually means that remote server (located at "mydomain.com") it has
rejected the "From:" address from your host, which is normal provided
that you have not "masqueraded" (and you need to) your fancy e-mail
address when you are going throught Internet.

So basically you have to go with one of these options:

1/ Instruct tripwire to use a real e-mail sender (whether possible)
2/ Configure your MTA/MDA to go out with a real/routeable e-mail address

Greetings,

--
Camaleón