Re: Anyone using recoll in wheezy or sid?

On 04/23/2011 02:43 PM, David Baron wrote:
I have recoll installed on stable, wheezy and sid.  It is working fine
on stable but on the other two it indexes fine but is not displaying the
results.

(...)

Not using recoll here, but there are some bugs for it:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=recoll;dist=unstable

OTOH, take a quick look into the upstream bugs (solved in 1.15.7):

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/BUGS.html#b_1_15_2

Also, try with a new user, just in case.

I am looking for a replacement but have yet to find a worthy one.

GNOME and KDE have both very good search desktop engines focused at them,
Tracker for the former and Strigi/Nepomuk for the latter.

I use it on unstable with few problems.

All packages will have outstanding bugs.

Best to do indexing using the recollindex program, niced 19, in the
background. Works without a hitch and one does not know it is running.

Interesting... I have not used recollindex before and would not have even thought of it as the program itself, in X, works fine. Or so I thought.

I may have found a problem that might very well be producing my symptoms. After the recollindex goes through it's indexing the program fails with the following error.

"rclconfig.cpp 585 storeMissingHelperDesc"

That might be why my results of the query are not shown.
Odd that creating 3 test accounts resulted in One of them working as it should and the other Two accounts have the problem stated in the OP.

Me thinks there is more afoot here, Dr. Watson.

Thanks for the help David