Re: Anyone using recoll in wheezy or sid?

> > I have recoll installed on stable, wheezy and sid.  It is working fine

> > on stable but on the other two it indexes fine but is not displaying the

> > results.

> (...)

> Not using recoll here, but there are some bugs for it:

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=recoll;dist=unstable

> OTOH, take a quick look into the upstream bugs (solved in 1.15.7):

> http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/BUGS.html#b_1_15_2

> Also, try with a new user, just in case.

> > I am looking for a replacement but have yet to find a worthy one.

> GNOME and KDE have both very good search desktop engines focused at them,

> Tracker for the former and Strigi/Nepomuk for the latter.

I use it on unstable with few problems.

All packages will have outstanding bugs.

Best to do indexing using the recollindex program, niced 19, in the background. Works without a hitch and one does not know it is running.

KDE's Strigi/Nepomuk have been resource hawgs and can bug down the system. One cannot control their niceness. This may be/get fixed in later KDE versions, hopefully. I have a recoll-runner on kde-look for using recoll in KDE.