Re: kernel 2.6.38 on Lenny

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 10:18:59 -0400 (EDT), Jim Brooks wrote:

> I manually compiled the official/stock kernel 2.6.38.
> But the (SATA) disk drives were remapped from sda/sdb to sde/sdf
> Apparently USB and memory card ports became sd[abcd].
> How the Linux kernel be told to map real disk drives to sda/sdb?

Nicholas already indicated the use of UUIDs, etc. in /etc/fstab.
But the udev version in lenny will not provide all the functionality
expected by the latest kernels.  See the Squeeze release notes, section
4.4.5, Upgrading the kernel and udev, for more information.

   http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :