Re: Please recommend an external HDD enclosure

On 04/20/2011 11:25 PM, Mark wrote:
> I've been using this one with Debian Lenny for a while.  Have a 250 GB
> IDE hdd in it currently.

I couldn't find it in my country, but thanks anyway!

On 04/22/2011 05:31 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> I've had no problems with any of my hdd external cases so may I ask you
> about brand and model of yours?

Yeap, that's what they said at the shop, that there shouldn't be any
problems with linux. I've tried two cases.

One was a Konig (?) case, but I couldn't get it recognized. Something
about it not accepting the USB address it was assigned.

The other was an IcyBox. It seemed to work at first, but then the
computer became unresponsive and I had to 'halt -nf' it. Didn't get it
to work after that.

I've tried two different Western Digital disks. I've had a lot of
problems with WD disks, so it could be the hdds' problem.

Anyway, eventually I connected my hdd to a PATA to SATA interface on my
motherboard and transferred my data.

--
Thanks,
    Panayiotis Karabassis