Re: Openjdk vs. sun-java in Debian

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 08:37:39PM +0200, Klistvud wrote:

> 1. The site http://ndt.switch.ch/ warns me about a missing Java
> Runtime Environment and prompts me to install it. I checked with
> aptitude, and sure enough, openjdk-6-jre is installed.

Works here with the openjdk from Squeeze.
The browser plugin package is called icedtea6-plugin.
In most browsers 'about:plugins' lists all installed plugins, might be worth
to check if it's listed and thus properly installed aswell.

If for any reason it's required to have the 'original' Sun JRE and plugins
installed you've to add the non-free part of the archive to your sources list.
The browser plugin package is called sun-java6-plugin.

HTH
Sven
--
I don't know much, but I do know this: