Re: New to Linux

Heddle Weaver wrote:
The logs, algebra, geometry, etc., that I was learning in my first year of high school, isn't taught here in Australia until after the third year of high school, now. To get anything better I have to drop work/career and go to university at a phenomenal cost.

The 'conspiracy theory' that we are educated to meet the standards of a 'product' that the corporate entities require, isn't a far-flung one.

The corporate entities around here like people to know math (Boston, high tech and all) - they scream about poor math preparation; so does the military (you know, balistics and such). My theory is that we're educating political sheep - who can't read budgets or statistics.