Re: file systems

Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> writes:

> I'd steer clear of USB disk storage for a server environment.  I've seen
> too many reports of USB links resetting spuriously for no apparent
> reason.  If you have your root filesystem and swap on such a device and
> this happens, you're in trouble.

ok thx stan.  i hadn't seen any such issues when i looked into this, but
that's probably because people use usb drives mainly for bkp and
portability instead of as a platform for serving though i did come
across one such tip #9:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-cool-things-you-can-do-with-a-usb-flash-drive/931
however, the idea seems to be just a 'temporary' demo utility.

--
in friendship,
prad