Re: file systems

Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> writes:

> you left out the best, most mature, highest performance Linux
> filesystem of them all:  XFS

that i did stan! i'd completely forgotten about it ever since i heard it
was good only for big files many years ago (i never really investigated
it either back then).

we don't have a need for better performance since we aren't running a
high production server. on the other hand, the possibility of learning
and using a different fs is appealing to both my son and myself since we
setup our system as an educational venture.

we want to run our servers through virtual box off usb drives which is a
total departure from what we've done over the years. so might as well
throw in a new fs too. :D

this is a wonderful list and there are so many informative answers to my
original post!

i very much appreciate yours in particular, stan!
we will do as you say and start reading up about fs and especially about
xfs!

--
in friendship,
prad