Re: 2.6.38 kernel offered this morning, but not this afternoon?

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:24:45 +0300
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

Hello David,

> I have noticed that while sources and common of 2.6.38 up to -3 are
> upgraded normally in apt, the linux-image is not. The -2 and -3
> packages are there but the linux-image is not upgraded. I would have

It is if you have the meta-package linux-image-processortype installed,
as this depends on the latest kernel.

> to manually install -3 and optionally remove -1 (if it be safe to do
> so).

It used to be possible to set the number of old kernels kept, so you
never had more than (say) three kernels (plus recovery for each, if
enabled) to choose from.  Whether that's still the case, I'm not sure.

--
 Regards  _
Life's short, don't make a mess of it