Re: Suggestions for bayesian network software

On 4/11/11, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 11 Apr 2011 at 13:31:54 +0300, George wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for suggestions on good bayesian network software that
>> runs on debian. A search on the standard repos was fruitless. I would
>> prefer free software, but I'm also willing to try any good solution,
>> even if it is through Wine.
>
> There is python-pebl in unstable but I have a feeling it may not be what
> you are looking for.
>
> I use crm114 and its author is approachable and very knowledgeable about
> such matters. There is a mailing list you could write to and which
> should evoke a response even though it may not be directly concerned
> with his sofware.

python-pebl looks nice but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Its
use is mainly to infer network structure, while I'm more into
computing posterior probabilities.

I will have a look at crm114, although my purposes have nothing to do
with spam classifying.