Re: Using Nokia E72 (import contacts)

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:01:13 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>> Well, I prefer to not use the phone at all and move the contacts from
>> SIM- to-phones instead from phone-to-files. Every manufacturer seems to
>> be happy with their own applications and I finally get installed 3 or 4
>> "phone suite tools" on my windows machine (as there are no linux app
>> suite, of course) just to manage the contacts. And those "phone suites"
>> are bloated apps that occupy each of them ~100 MiB of (wasted) space...
>> I would like to see in a near future some standard tools written in
>> java compatible with all phone brands and models in order to manage
>> them :-}
>
> While searching for other solutions (on linux), I found this java app:
>
> http://www.funambol.com/
>
> There is an RFP
>
> 2cts

Thanks, I alredy knew about the project.

But AFAIK, the online service (myfunambol¹) which does not require the
app client to be installed on the phone does not work with the oldest
models (i.e., Siemens A65 is not available² and I have a bunch of them
almost retired but still working and used for some of my co-workers) ;-(

¹http://my.funambol.com/c/portal/signup
²http://funambol.com/solutions/devices_siemens.php

Greetings,

--