Re: cannot go back from nouveau to nv

On 04/02/2011 12:43 AM, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-04-02 08:49 +0200, Fumiaki Okushi wrote:

I'm running Debian Squeeze amd64.
I'm trying to go back to using nv after trying to get nouveau working
and failed.

I'm sorry that nouveau did not work for you.  Could you please elaborate
what the problem was?

Thank you for your response.

To be honest with you, I don't know what the problem was.
First, my monitor refused saying that it's out of range.
The dmesg showed that it inferred the screen size to be 1024x768,
so I booted with video=1920x1080 (native monitor size).
The dmesg output reflected the change but the monitor continued to say out of range.
For xorg.conf, I added a modeline generated using cvt for 1920x1080.
(BTW, the same modeline will work with nv.)
Xorg.0.log seems to suggest that X accepted the modeline params as valid,
but didn't seem to use it.
What I see if the monitor complaining out of rane.

Fumi Okushi