Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution (howto write the date)

On 02/04/11 13:50, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 07:12, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Aaron Toponce wrote at 2011-04-01 08:11 -0500:
>>> For international mailing lists, if you stick with ISO 8601, there should
>>> be no ambiguity in the date:
>>>
>>>     2011-04-01 or 20110401 is defined as April 1, 2011, or truncated as
>>>     11-04-01 or 110401.
>>>
>>> Standards. Who would have thought?
>>
>> Precisely.  I'm in the US, but I always write dates like that.
>
> AOL
>

> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers

Why not use the Debian standard??
Reasoning - it's already been extensively debated *and* voted on, it's a
system already in place, it's the "Debian" way.

(Is there more than one (Debian standard)?)

>From :-
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-dpkgchangelog

The date has the following format[17] (compatible and with the same
semantics of RFC 2822 and RFC 5322):

     day-of-week, dd month yyyy hh:mm:ss +zzzz

where:

    day-of week is one of: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun

    dd is a one- or two-digit day of the month (01-31)

    month is one of: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct,
Nov, Dec

    yyyy is the four-digit year (e.g. 2010)

    hh is the two-digit hour (00-23)

    mm is the two-digit minutes (00-59)

    ss is the two-digit seconds (00-60)

    +zzzz or -zzzz is the the time zone offset from Coordinated
Universal Time (UTC). "+" indicates that the time is ahead of (i.e.,
east of) UTC and "-" indicates that the time is behind (i.e., west of)
UTC. The first two digits indicate the hour difference from UTC and the
last two digits indicate the number of additional minutes difference
from UTC. The last two digits must be in the range 00-59.

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.