Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

On 01/04/11 20:17, Lisi wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2011 10:05:54 Liam O'Toole wrote:

>>> 04/01/11 !
>>
>> What does the 4th of January have to do with it??!!!!
>
> Perhaps on an international list we should say the month names as Liam has
> here.  Otherwise one is playing guessing games to work out the upbringing of
> any writer who uses an ambiguous form for the date.  In this case the context
> made guessing easy, but that is rarely the case.
>
> Lisi

The North American date format wasn't that hard to work out - though I
suspect Liam is taking the p1ss (2 weeks late?).

what I don't understand is why anyone thought that debian.org had been
"hacked" (the debian.org joke being that an alliance of community
distros had been formed).

I particularly enjoyed:-

"Robin H. Johnson, lead of the Gentoo Infrastructure team, in a panel of
core Gentoo developers at SCALE9x: "I really hate compiling-induced
downtime. I've been looking forward to installing packages with just a
couple of keystrokes. By building on the efforts of other successful
distributions, we can take the drudgery out of system maintenance.""

:-D

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.