Re: Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

Em 19:59, Nate Bargmann escreveu:
> * On 2011 01 Apr 07:49 -0500, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
>> The community distributions have already worked close together and coordinated
>> the solution of common issues, e.g., the top-level "/run" directory, see
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-March/150031.html
> Nice example and good to see.
>
> I'm aware of cross-distribution cooperation as I routinely read this
> list, some others, and various Linux news sites, but not before this
> "joke" has the potential for cross-distribution cooperation been so
> visible and front facing, even as a joke.  That's my point, this will
> raise real expectations to even those only casually familiar with Linux
> distributions that such close cooperation exists.  Up to now one had to
> be close to the development or very involved in one's chosen
> distribution to know this.  Otherwise the distributions appeared to be
> their own islands of development leading to the constant harrange of
> "fragmentation" even though the various distributions tend to mostly
> differ in tweaks and themes.  Now cross-distribution cooperation faces
> the public.
>
> I've noticed that today's jokes tend to be tomorrow's reality.
>
> - Nate >>

Hi! I read this list but never respond to it because, well i am a
grasshopper at this, but when i first contact linux in 2000 and keep
trying to keep  up with it, i found it too diverse to some one like me,
a enthousiast, and having so much to choose and knowing so litle, i
found it dificult. And wanting so badly to be a option to another OS out
there, i would not mind to have such a big cooperation between
"different distribution".

But what do i know? I'm portuguese, write in bad english  and drunk some
good wine tonight, that has long i keep linux, enlightenment and my
girlfriend's laptop, i'm all right!

Phrasing Camaleón "Greetings"

Luís Bandarra