Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

* On 2011 01 Apr 07:49 -0500, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> The community distributions have already worked close together and coordinated
> the solution of common issues, e.g., the top-level "/run" directory, see
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-March/150031.html

Nice example and good to see.

I'm aware of cross-distribution cooperation as I routinely read this
list, some others, and various Linux news sites, but not before this
"joke" has the potential for cross-distribution cooperation been so
visible and front facing, even as a joke.  That's my point, this will
raise real expectations to even those only casually familiar with Linux
distributions that such close cooperation exists.  Up to now one had to
be close to the development or very involved in one's chosen
distribution to know this.  Otherwise the distributions appeared to be
their own islands of development leading to the constant harrange of
"fragmentation" even though the various distributions tend to mostly
differ in tweaks and themes.  Now cross-distribution cooperation faces
the public.

I've noticed that today's jokes tend to be tomorrow's reality.

- Nate >>